Sunday 15 November 2009

Deep Red









There's something about the way Dario Argento directs. He sees the whole picture, the interiors, the lighting the music, they help to create the horror.
This is my second favourite film, 1st is Suspira, which I recommend you should watch even if you don't like horror, it horror of a different kind. Beautiful shut and conceived, the only other films that I can think of describing in the same terms are the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and the Wizard of Oz, both films are also enhanced by the fact they came out at the right time, the viewers had been waiting for a film like that.
My favourite parts of this movie is the little details, he does this in other films, but its used to a better effect here, the zooming of the blood trail, the eye that flashes in the cupboard the zipping up of leather gloves. And the interiors a mix of art deco and whatever was popular in the 70s.
Who would of thought for 0.99p that my Saturday night viewing could be sorted.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! This is one of my favorite movies!! Dario Argento is my favorite director too! His movies are hauntingly beautiful. I also love Suspiria and Tenebre. Great Post!
    xo

    ReplyDelete