Tuesday 19 October 2010

BBC Four History of Horror

Last night the second part of the History of Horror covering the 50s and 60s with a tiny nod to the seventies. I have to admit I had seen many of the films referenced as they were hammer horrors, and Bray studios which used to be screened very regularly on the BBC in the 1990s. No mention was made of the Wicker Man apart from a reference to Folklore horror and little was said about the European horrors an area I would have liked to now more about. Of course A History of Horror is about Mark Gatiss journey into horror and many of the films selected during this second part, were available to watch on TV, when I was growing up. Last night horror film was The Brides of Dracula which I recently purchased as its a rare film to be screened, if it ever was on TV. And it does sum up Hammer Horror at its best, but as I have quite a few of the hammer box sets, purchased the book I was looking for something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment