Thursday 14 October 2010

BBC Four Horror Season


Last night, BBC Four continued its showing of horror classics by screening (1942) Cat People.
I have heard of the orginal Cat People and like most people have sceen clips of the 80s version on TV, but I have never seen the orginal.
It starts like any good love story, boy meets girl with issues, gets married, girls issues get worse, boy meets another girl and wants to leave first girl, but with a supernatural element. I missed the famous swimming pool scene as I was tired and doozed off. If only I had a recorder.

Storyline taken from imdb
Irena Dubrovna, a beautiful and mysterious Serbian-born fashion artist living in New York City, falls in love with and marries average-Joe American Oliver Reed. Their marriage suffers though, as Irena believes that she suffers from an ancient curse- whenever emotionally aroused, she will turn into a panther and kill. Oliver thinks that is absurd and childish, so he sends her to psychiatrist Dr. Judd to cure her.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034587/

2 comments:

  1. I watched this originally many years ago as part of the BBC2 Horror Double Bills! Really chilled me to the bone as a kid!
    Am so glad that BBC4 are screening these classic horror films!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad too, brightening up these cold dull nights.

    ReplyDelete