Saturday 16 October 2010

Halloween Viewing - CastleFreaks


When I say the label best Direct to video on the dvd, I thought I made a good choice for £1.
Once Castlefreak was revealed, he wasn't particuly scary, the thought that the monster will come jumping out at you at any moment added to the suspense. I think that has more to do with what I expect from modern horrors, sick blood acts and fright moments. The sequences wghere the mother and daughter run around the Castle screaming while CastleFreak follows them were comedy. I couldnt understand why she didnt just pick up the number of tall candlesticks and use it to whack it. I also didn't understand the ending as, the Monster was only a deformed person and there were a number of objects in the Castle to use as weapons, surely couldnt the husband have used CastleFreak own chain to strangle him, rather then hurl himself of the Castle roof with CastleFreak with him.
Better then Demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment